- 14th December - Last Day of Term and Return to School Dates Read more »
- 13th December - Christmas Parties and food lists - please see details Read more »
- 11th December - Christmas Carols in the Playground Read more »
- 7th December - Christmas Jumper Day Friday 22nd December Read more »
- 6th December - Lunchtime Supervisory Assistants Required Read more »
We stock a great range of fiction and non-fiction books and each class has an allocated weekly session with our librarian. Pupils are able to borrow one book a week and chose a selection of books weekly for their class reading area.
The library books are organised in the Dewey system to help you find the books more easily. Our fiction books are organised into Picture Books (A-Z of Authors Surnames), Caterpillar books (for Early Readers), Butterfly Books (for younger readers beginning to read chapter books) and Centipede Books (for readers who are beginning to read Junior Fiction)
We also have a Fairy Tale section, a Dual Language Book section and a browser box with a mixture of picture books and smaller novelty books.
We have also have a “Poetry Corner “ in the Non Fiction area with a “Pick up a poem “ box , so you can choose a poem quickly and take it back to your class or sit down and read it on a comfy chair in the “chill out zone”.
Each Half-term you will find a selection of books on display that are based on a particular theme. Popular themes in the past have been “Where’s Wally” books “Cats” and “Going Wild in the Library!”
Chill out zone
Our Chill Out has been created to provide a comfortable and pleasant area to relax and read a book. It has a variety of different types of seating available including a giant beanbag and wooden armchairs.